Monday, May 10, 2010

A Mother's Day to Remember

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend. In my corner of the world, it was a beautiful day—sunny, warm and a little breezy. It was a great day for the playground, the beach, the park, or just about any venue you might want to visit and enjoy.

My son made me a picture that included his hand prints. The hand prints were then dusted with glitter, and a poem was included. It was so touching that I just had to share it here:

I miss you when we're not together
I'm growing up so fast
See how big I've gotten
Since you saw me last?
As I grow, I'll change a lot,
The years will fly right by.
You'll wonder how I grew so quick
When and where and why?
So look upon these hand prints
That hang up on your wall.
And memories will come back of me,
When I was very small.

Many of you may be familiar with this poem. You may have a hand print picture of your own very similar to this one I just received. Once upon a time I did not think much of poems like this, but this past weekend it just made my heart melt, especially when my sweet little four-year old looked up at me with his big brown eyes and said, “Happy Mother’s Day, Mommy!” with such pride in his home-made present.

I like to think of my son making those hand prints. That is truly a precious moment for me and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment