Friday, April 29, 2011

My Greatest Gift


Greetings, Precious Moments collectors! Just in time for Mother's Day, we have a very special post to share from our own Director of Product Development. We hope you enjoy...

As a teenager, I was very free-spirited and independent. I was ready to tackle to world, and as a result, I left home at a young age. My Mother was not ready to let me go, but she knew it was what I wanted so she did her best to let me spread my wings.

Over the years, my Mother has found little ways to stay connected with me. She sends me little letters just to say, “I love you,” and leaves me voice messages just to hear my voice on the answering machine. For a while I thought this was silly, and I didn’t really understand why my Mother did these things; but deep down I truly loved it. Now, as the mother of two beautiful little girls, I understand why she did those things to stay close. Sending the little one you cared for and nurtured for years off into the big world is like sending a piece of your heart away with them.

The moment I saw the PM My Greatest Gift collection, I was instantly reminded of the wonderful moments I shared with my Mother. The story each piece tells is so touching and so true-to-life. The sentiment perfectly expresses each touching moment, and the tear is the detail that completes each scene. I believe this collection expresses the special bond of a mother and daughter, because there is noting quite like this unique relationship. My daughters are truly my life’s greatest gift, and I personally own the entire collection in hopes that one day I’ll tell them why they are so meaningful to me. I can only dream that they will share the story with their own children. My favorite issue in the collection is the last one, which I feel is the perfect ending. The title, “Always and Forever My Little Girl,” captures the sum of my feelings towards my own little girls. Plus I really love the shoes; they are super cute!

Children always hold a place in a Mom’s heart, and you never really let them go completely. Through a Mother’s eyes, and in her heart, you will always be her little girl no matter how old you become. I hope that these “Precious Moments” will bring joy to your heart and a smile to your face like they do for me.

Learn more about this collection now!

No comments:

Post a Comment